We invite the submission of research papers, reports, and posters on topics related to new musical controllers including, but not restricted to:
- Real-time gestural control in music
- Design of novel interfaces for musical expression
- Mapping strategies and their influence on digital musical instrument design
- Controllers for virtuoso performers, controllers for novices, education and entertainment
- Controllers and musical expression
- Novel controllers for collaborative performance
- Sensor and actuator technologies for musical applications
- Haptic and force feedback devices for musical control
- Real-time software tools and interactive systems
- Interface protocols (MIDI, OSC, etc.)
- Performance reports (live performance and composition using novel controllers)
- Artistic & cultural impact of new performance interfaces
- Pedagogical applications of new interfaces - Courses and curricula
- Surveys of past work and/or stimulating ideas for future research
We encourage artists, performers and conference presenters to submit proposals for performances and live demonstrations that employ new musical controllers, novel interface concepts, and/or new mapping systems that can be featured in the concert events.
We invite industrial vendors to show products relating to new musical interfaces. Please email our industrial liaison organizer, Michael Lyons.
Information on submissions can be found at the Submissions page.