"Mind and Brain Science" Seminar
Interactive Multi-Media Art
with New Technology
Yoichi Nagashima(SUAC / Art & Science Laboratory)
This lecture focuses the sensor/interface technology for interactive multi-media performance with some viewpoints. At first, I will introduce many types of sensors and interfaces between human and computer systems, not only as technically but also as artistically with my multi-media works. Secondly, I will introduce related researches/movements/communities around this field. Finally, we will discuss the possibility of "new human interface" and the interactivity with multi-media technology.
(1) Media Installation in SUACAt first, I will introduce the movies of installation works in MAF(Media Art Festival), etc. in SUAC.
Za -Ambient Cycle / Domestic Cycle-
Chess de Pon !
The Bush Telegraph
NOWHERE / NOW HERE
(2) Performance, Sensor, InteractionSecondly, I introduce Algorithmic Composition, Sensor, Interaction briefly.
- Max/MSP - Algorithmic Composition Environment with MIDI and audio
- Sensor information
- Creation is "construction of interaction"
- jitter - Graphical Environment in Max/MSP
(3) Developing/using sensors in compositionThirdly, I will introduce the movies of my works of interactive multimedia arts using original sensors, as samples of the theme of this workshop.
CIS (Chaotic Interaction Show)
Brikish Heart Rock
Atom Hard Mothers
Ten Nimo Noboru Samusa Desu
Voices of Time
¡ú ¡ú ¡ú ¡ú
Windmill (Installation and Performance) produced by my students
Visional Legend ver.2001
Wriggle Screamer / Wriggle Screamer II
(4) Related topicsFourthly, I will introduce related researches/movements/communities around this field.
- SUAC Installations
- Composition of "Visional Legend"
- Interactive Art with Biological Interfaces
- NIME04 Report
- MiniBioMuse-I / II / III
- Composition for SONY CM