Interactive Multi-Media Performance with New Interfaces
Yoichi Nagashima(SUAC / Art & Science Laboratory)
This lecture focuses the sensor/interface technology for interactive multi-media performance with some viewpoints. At first, I will introduce many types of sensors and interfaces between human and computer systems, not only as technically but also as artistically with my multi-media works. Secondly, I will introduce related researches/movements/communities around this field. Finally, we will discuss the possibility of "new human interface" and the interactivity with multi-media technology.
(1) Performance, Sensor, InteractionAt first, I introduce Algorithmic Composition, Sensor, Interaction briefly.
- Max/MSP - Algorithmic Composition Environment with MIDI and audio
- Sensor information
- Composition is "construction of interaction"
- jitter - Graphical Environment in Max/MSP
(2) Developing/using sensors in compositionSecondly, I will introduce the movies of my works of interactive multimedia arts using original sensors, as samples of the theme of this workshop.
CIS (Chaotic Interaction Show)
Brikish Heart Rock
Atom Hard Mothers
Ten Nimo Noboru Samusa Desu
Voices of Time
¡ú ¡ú ¡ú ¡ú
Windmill (Installation and Performance) produced by my students
Visional Legend ver.2001
Wriggle Screamer / Wriggle Screamer II
(3) Related topicsThirdly, I will introduce related researches/movements/communities around this field.
- SUAC Installations
- Composition of "Visional Legend"
- Interactive Art with Biological Interfaces
- NIME04 Report
- MiniBioMuse-I / II / III
- Composition for SONY CM